Claim for dog bite. We strongly believe in promoting responsible dog ownership but accept and acknowledge that sometimes dogs are the subject of poor training and handling.
If you have sustained an injury as a result of being bitten by a dog we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
We can assist those who have been the victim of dog bites in the following circumstances:
- while delivering a parcel, letter or food etc
- as a result of an attack by a police dog, either as an innocent bystander or even if engaged in a criminal activity
- where the owner has failed to control the dog
- where an employer has failed to control a dog resulting in an attack on an employee
- a bite injury sustained by a child
- injury sustained as a result of a dog being used as a weapon or violent attack
Such claims are usually brought under the 1971 Animals Act. Under this act, your claim will be based upon whether the dog has been aggressive or has shown behavioral qualities that are out of character. Importantly it must be shown that the owner/keeper of the dog ought to have known that the animal was likely to behave in such a manner.
The vast majority of incidents involve animals that are not classed as dangerous breeds and can be owned by the general public without the need for insurance or special license.
If the dog that bit you falls into the category of a banned breed then, under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, the dog must be muzzled, registered, micro-chipped, tattooed and insured. It is illegal to keep a banned breed if such conditions are not met.
At present, the following species are classed as banned breeds under the Dangerous Dogs Act
- Pit Bull Terriers
- Japanese Tosa
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Braziliero
A failure to control and manage a dog can lead to innocent parties sustaining injury and loss. In such circumstances, we can help.
We can help you.
Our specialist teams can advise you on the issues relevant to your claim.
While based in Leeds, we offer a nationwide service.
We are able to offer a number of funding options to suit your needs including legal aid, no win no fee and fixed fee work. Do not hesitate to contact us to discuss which funding options apply.
Get in touch with us today:
For a review and assessment of your dog bite claim get in touch with us today:
- Call: 0113 224 7851 (0779 381 2361 eve and w/ends)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the contact form on this page